Celebrating the strange, awkward poses and generally misguided choices people make to sell clothes on ebay.







Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hipster Elimination - Round 1 Women

Friends, I have resisted this. In my searches on ebay, I look for natural, organic silliness where most of the models don't realize what they're doing may be construed as funny or alarming or creepy or whatever. Enter the vintage clothes-shilling hipster. Hallmarks include: overall ennui, hunched posture, vaguely antagonistic poses and faces, super self-conscious and of course, always deeply ironic. At first I loathed the hipster, but now I realize it's almost as hard to look completely devoid of feeling as it is to pose sexy. I present to you some of my worst favorites and have you decide The Hippest Of Them All.

1 comment: